Use Caution When Using a Wood Burning Stove


We had an interesting week last week at ServiceMaster of the Key City in Dubuque, IA! We had a fire job that we were going to start on, but when we got to the location to start the project, the fire had reignited and ended up being a total loss.

Another project we started made me want to put a word of caution out to everyone who uses a wood burning stove: make sure the ashes are completely cooled before you transfer them into something to discard them. The fire project we started working on involved someone transferring hot ashes into a plastic bucket. The bucket melted and allowed the hot ashes to start a fire.

Remember, if you need emergency service, call ServiceMaster of the Key City in Dubuque, IA any time day or night. We’re here for you! 563-557-1488

A note to insurance agents: our continuing education class for water damage mitigation will be on Wednesday, February 25, 2015. Class size is limited, so register today!