Expert air duct cleaning performed by the trained professionals at ServiceMaster of the Key City in Dubuque, Iowa can help reduce or eliminate dust and contaminants from your forced air system.
Duct cleaning generally refers to the cleaning of various heating and cooling system components of forced air systems. These include the supply and return air ducts and registers, grilles and diffusers, heat exchangers, heating and cooling coils, condensate drain pans (drip pans), the fan motor and fan housing, and the air handling unit housing.
Did you know?
- Dirty, restricted air ducts drastically increases utility costs.
- ServiceMaster of the Key City in Dubuque, Iowa has technicians that are trained to clean all types of duct work.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the average home accumulates about 40 pounds of dust per year.
The accumulation of dust and other contaminants in your ducts and vents can be the cause of several problems with your indoor air. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has listed poor indoor air quality as America’s fourth-largest environmental threat.
We recommend service as soon as you notice:
- The need to dust more frequently than usual
- Unusual odors when the HVAC system fan is running
- There are visible dust build-ups on your vent grills
- Streaking or black marks around your vent grills
- That you or other family members begin to suffer from allergies or respiratory issues
Even more frequently if you have:
- Family members with allergies or asthma
- Homes with cigarette or cigar smokers
- Water or Fire/Smoke contamination or damage to the home / HVAC system
- Home renovation or remodeling projects causing airborne dust and debris