Last week we started work on a house fire restoration project. We began by doing a pack-out of the house. The next step is to clean all the belongings while the house restoration begins. We hope to have them back in their home by Labor Day, which is in the same time frame as a typical restoration project.
If you’re unfamiliar with the pack-out process, here’s what you can expect if you ever need to call on ServiceMaster of the Key City to help with a disaster restoration project:
Your role in the pack-out process:
- Sign an authorization form.
- Identify your immediate need items such as emergency clothing, etc. Some of these may need to be cleaned quickly for your use.
- Identify items to keep in your possession (Medications, personal valuables, jewelry, etc.).
- Assist with “restore versus replace” decisions, especially regarding sentimental items and family heirlooms.
- Be available on site for pack-out and for re-delivery of your possessions.
ServiceMaster of the Key City will:
- Coordinate activities with your insurance claims representative.
- Separate items that will not be packed and moved, including items that will not be restored.
- Pack, provide general inventory and transport your belongings to a secure facility. We will provide you a copy of the general inventory.
- Perform restoration, cleaning, deodorization, re-packing and storage at our facility.
- Provide regular, frequent communication regarding the progress of your restoration claim.
- Arrange for re-delivery of your household belongings once reconstruction and restoration is complete.