ServiceMaster of the Key City in Dubuque, Iowa professionals are experts in mold removal.
Mold can grow in as little as 48 hours any time excessive moisture is present indoors, whether the moisture is the result of a flood, a slow leak, a broken pipe, or just high humidity. Indoor mold contamination has been identified as a major contributor to allergies and poor indoor air quality. Water and moisture can create conditions ideal for mold, mildew and other related bacterial growth. When we are immediately brought in for mold removal after water damage, there is a significant decrease in the ability for these agents to grow.
Mold has been with us forever. It is a living organism. Commonly referred to as fungi, mold occurs naturally in many places where there is stagnant water and a food source. A walk through the forest will usually provide ample evidence of fungi on dead trees or other host sites.
Mold in a home is a different story. As we learn more about mold, we realize the potential for some very harmful effects on people from prolonged exposure to mold.
Mold remediation is the process of removal and/or cleanup of mold from an indoor environment.
How would you know or suspect mold contamination in your home?
- You may be able to observe the mold on walls, wood or other structures.
- If you have damp spots in your home or any standing water, the existence of mold is a strong likelihood.
- If parts of your home have a musty odor, you should suspect the presence of mold.
- Some people are very sensitive to mold. Unexplained health issues with family members, including headaches, allergic reactions, respiratory problems or rashes may suggest the presence of mold.
Why is it important to turn to ServiceMaster of the Key City in Dubuque, Iowa professionals for assistance with a mold problem?
There are many different types of mold, some more harmful than others. ServiceMaster of the Key City located in Dubuque, Iowa technicians have the testing devices to determine whether conditions are present for mold growth and, if so, the type action needs to be taken.
Addressing a mold situation requires:
- Mold removal
- Treating the source of the mold to prevent future growth
Our professionals approach a mold situation with a specific plan:
- Protective clothing and respirators are used where necessary when handling mold.
- Thorough cleaning of contaminated surfaces is performed
- Mold needs water. The source of the water is removed and the affected areas are thoroughly dried.
- After mold removal (remediation), thorough testing is performed to make sure the area is clean.
To protect your home and family, it is important that you treat any suspected situation involving mold promptly and correctly.
- Do not disturb the mold. Attempting to remove the mold may result in the spores becoming airborne and thereby compounding the problem.
- Do not ignore any evidence of mold. Unless the source of the problem is addressed, the mold will likely continue to exist and may, in fact, grow and spread.
- Do call your ServiceMaster of the Key City in Dubuque, Iowa professional at (563) 557-1488.