Dry Heat


No one likes the dry skin that comes during the winter months.  Recently though, a woman was preparing for an evening out and decided to start a pot of water boiling on the stove to add moisture to the air relieve her dry skin.  She then left for the evening and kept the pot boiling on the stove however while she was out the pot boiled dry and caught the cabinets on fire above the stove.  The flames triggered the sprinkler system which covered the apartment with water.  The sprinklers were able to control this disaster until the Fire Department arrived but unfortunately, water from the second-floor apartment seeped through the floor causing severe damage to the units below.  The team at ServiceMaster of the Key City in Dubuque, Iowa was called in to help clean up the water damage which totaled $36,000!